Monday, October 3, 2011

Solo Shenanigans in Ohio

This past weekend I attended a funeral in Bowling Green Ohio. After the mercy meal and a big nap, a bunch of us went out to have a beer or three at a local bar. It was a sports bar, with Bud on draught and the most exciting beer they had in the tap was Magic Hat #9.

I asked the barmaid what they had that was locally sourced. In bottles, they had Great Lakes Brewing Company. I had the Eliot Ness and the Holy Moses wit beer. Both were very tasty, and I was happy to enjoy  local brews even though they didn't offer them on draught. We stopped at a supermarket to get bottled waters for our long trip home, and the grocery store had a beer aisle. So I stopped to see what they had from local breweries.

There was a nice selection of beers from Ohio and Michigan, I had to limit myself because I could have bought several dozen different 6 packs but I settled for a tasters pack of beers fr the Great Lakes brewing company, and a six pack of Oberon Ale from Bell's Brewery of Kalamazoo, MI.

Dave will also receive a 12 pack of the Great Lakes, and we'll sing "Cuyahoga" by REM as we drink the Burning River Pale Ale.

In November, I'm heading to Pittsburgh and may have a few days to entertain myself. I have some friends in the Cleveland area... so a possible side trip to the Great Lakes brew pub may be in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment