Saturday, October 22, 2022

On The Ocean - Guster, Pickles & Po'Boys, and Mast Landing

(Enjoyed repeatedly over the weekend of August 12-14 and beyond) 

My favorite band is Guster. You've probably seen a T-shirt or two on me in this blog. 

I've often said that I'd love to start my own brewery, and all my beers would be named after Guster songs. I've got the name picked out, I've got the vision in my mind for the tasting room, and the art, I think about it a lot.  

For a couple summers now, Guster has taken over the city of Portland Maine, and has partnered with Mast Landing to make an official beer for the music festival. On the Ocean Pale Ale is the beer  they brew up together, and it is a mighty fine brew. 

This August, I got to go to the festival for the first time.

 Upon arriving in Portland, my first stop was at a Meet & Greet at a restaurant owned by a Guster fan. Po'Boys & Pickles was one of the few restaurants in town to have the beer on release weekend, and a bunch of Guster fans were gathering there to have dinner, mix and mingle, and enjoy the beer. 

My delightful and lovely friend Ginger and my sister got there before me, and Ginger welcomed me with a pint. I love that this picture has the pint glass from the restaurant, and the beer. So good. 

It is a delightful little Pale Ale, very flavorful and easy drinking. It went fantastically with my dinner, and was a great treat right after a very long road trip! 

Mast Landing hosted a party and merch pop-up at their Freeport tasting room, and Guster fans all flooded in. Similar to the fun gathering we hosted in Yonder Mountain Brewery before Red Rocks in 2021, we got together, had beers, listened to music, stood in line for merch before he show so we didn't have to buy it at the concert (genius, really). I bought a case  to bring home, and my friend Brian bought some too. Just a few. 

I've got to admit, I need to have more of their beers in my life. I only focused on getting the OTO beers to bring home to share with my family and all. But they all look so good, and their space is so nice. 


Unfortunately, all the beer I got to bring home with me is all gone, enjoyed thoroughly by my family, as I'd planned. Hoping that 2023 will bring us some more On The Ocean, and another beer collaboration with my favorite band.  

Here's a picture of me, my sister, and our good friend Alex after we left Maine, still celebrating with the beer. Guster friends are the greatest friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment