Friday, February 25, 2011

From Groveland Diner over to The Tap

"So, where do you want to go for lunch, Dave?"

This was my first day taking him out and I didn't really know what he wanted to do or liked to do.

I had run into him a few times over the past few months at different diners with Glen, his primary caregiver.  So I figured Dave enjoyed going out to local spots like the A1 diner, Jimmy K's or Groveland Diner.

Dave didn't seem to have a preference, so I made arrangements with two other friends to meet up with us at the Groveland Diner and have lunch at noon.

Jen is also friends with Theresa and Dave, and works at a local church as the secretary. My friend Janet is friends with Jen, but didn't know Dave. Janet and I went to college together and a couple years ago when we "found" each other on Facebook, realized we lived in the same little town.

Dave filled Janet in on his medical condition, and Janet was recovering from surgery on a torn ligament in her knee, so they talked a lot about what was going on in their lives. We all have sons, so we talked about the boys and their own shenanigans.

After lunch, Dave said "You know where you're taking me next, right?"

Uh, no?

"To the Tap."

Strangely, it never crossed my mind to go to a pub for lunch. But there we went. To the Tap, for after lunch beers.

We had a great time, the bartender Jon was a real riot. Dave likes a Black and Tan, but the beers that are brewed at the Tap don't exactly work in a mix. Dave insists that they do. But Jon tried, and the beers just mix. They don't taste bad mixed together, but it isn't the best thing on earth when you're expecting something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment