Monday, July 18, 2011

Hating on James May

I was watching TV the other day, and a show was being advertised for BBC America.  Called James May Drinks to Britain, it chronicles the adventures of Top Gear's James May and Oz Clarke as they toodle about Europe in a fancy schmancy car, sampling boozey goodness,  getting soused and learning about life along the way.

I personally am very mad at them, because I think that such a show featuring Dave and  me would be a real blast. The Shenanigans with Dave program could feature us going on the Maine Brew Trail, or hitting all the hot spots that Dave remembers from his Bowdoin days (if they're still there), or hey -- what is happening Beer Wise in the Pioneer Valley? 

We also have access to some fine vintage automobiles, notably my friend Jo's Jaguar, code named Panther, which would be an excellent Shenanigansmobile.  We would even have our own awesome soundtrack, which we would argue about frequently.
Oh well. I guess we can keep pretending in our little minds. All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players, after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment