Sunday, September 18, 2011

Low-Key Shenanigans at Rory O'Connor's Pub

This week we had a very late lunch due to Dave having a doctor's appointment about his seizure situation. I'll let him decide if he wants to share the discussions around that, but it was the centerpiece of our conversation for the time we were at lunch.

I forgot to bring my camera, so no photos.

Dave had a Boddingtons, I had what was labeled "Octoberfest" by Sam Adams, but it was the wrong pull on the tap. It was actually Sam's October Pumpkin, which was all vanilla and disgusting. I hate vanilla unless it is in ice cream. I suffered through it and poured half a regular Sam Adams Boston Lager in it to make it less awful.

I ordered a Patty Melt, which was perfectly done. Dave wasn't hungry at the start but ordered wings towards the end of our visit. The wings at Rory's are always just right. Sometimes you get them places and it is like they put them in a microwave. They are all flabby and gross. These, no way. Perfectly fried, wonderfully seasoned. We even sat there and wafted the smell up to our noses and laughed for a bit. 

No one fun was at the bar, things were very quiet. It is funny how sometimes on a Friday we can go somewhere and the bar is elbow to elbow, and other days we land somewhere and we hold court by ourselves.

It wasn't a very exciting lunch. But it was a beautiful day and I hope Dave decides to share some of his thoughts about what we talked about that day. Eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment